As the kitchen manager, you will be responsible for overseeing food preparation, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, and monitoring inventory levels.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have proven culinary and management experience. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership and organizational abilities.
KITCHEN MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Order materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand.
- Supervise kitchen employees and organize food orders.
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process.
- Recruit and train kitchen employees in designated stations.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments.
- Work with the General Manager and Owner to price and change menu items.
- Schedule work shifts for employees.
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized.
- Maintain weekly and monthly cost reports.
KITCHEN MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management or certification from culinary school is preferred but will consider someone with experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.
Employment Application Form